The UVic Women’s Centre is hiring!! If you want to work in a fun, exciting environment and meet and work with awesome people in a feminist space please consider applying for theFinance and Administration Coordinator position.
This is a one-year term position with a projected start date of April 20th, 2015. The position is open to all self-identified women and those who identify with a non-binary or fluid gender.
Please see below for complete job description and qualifications. This posting closes on Monday March 16th, 2015 at 2:00pm PST. Unfortunately, late applications cannot be accepted. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about the posting, please e-mail the Person’elle Committee at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Women’s Centre Person’elle Committee
WOMEN’S CENTRE FINANCES AND ADMINISTRATION COORDINATOR
UNIVERSITY OF VICTORIA STUDENTS’ SOCIETY
- Co-Coordinator for the University of Victoria Student’s Society Women’s Centre.
- Reports to the Women’s Centre Collective and the University of Victoria Students’ Society through the General Manager.
- Founded in 1964, the University of Victoria Students’ Society (UVSS) is an incorporated membership based non-profit that is autonomous from the University and provides advocacy, services and events to all undergraduate students at UVic.
- Participate in Collective meetings and act as a resource on matters of UVSS and Women’s Centre policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison with the UVSS on matters relating to UVSS policies and procedures.
- Act as a resource to the Women’s Centre’s representative to the UVSS Board of Directors.
- In conjunction with the Personnel Committee and the Outreach and Communications Coordinator, hire and supervise Work Study staff: create job descriptions and work plans, ensure appropriate training is provided, and evaluate performance.
- Uphold, update and make available Women’s Centre Constitution, policies and procedures; ensure that the Collective and Work Study staff are familiar with these documents.
- In collaboration with the Outreach and Communications Coordinator, maintain the Women’s Centre listserve and respond to phone and email inquiries.
- Recruit and train volunteers and Collective members.
- Maintain up to date list of community resources for reference and provide emergency crisis referrals.
- Act as a signing authority for the Women’s Centre.
- Support the Outreach and Communications Coordinator and the Women’s Centre Collective in providing advocacy for women students on campus.
- Prepare work study proposals and apply annually for this program.
- In conjunction with Outreach and Communications Coordinator and the Women’s Centre Collective, maintain office hours for the Women’s Centre and ensure that the Women’s Centre is accessible to all women.
- Represent the Women’s Centre in financial and administrative dealings with the UVSS, including managing the UVSS Women’s Centre Trust account.
- Manage the Women’s Centre credit union account, maintain a general ledger for the account, reconcile the bank statements to the general ledger on a monthly basis and prepare documents required for an annual audit.
- Prepare Women’s Centre budget and financial reports for the Women’s Centre Collective and for the UVSS Advocacy Council at the beginning of each semester.
- Make financial records available to members of the UVSS. 17. In conjunction with the Collective and Outreach and Communications Coordinator, establish and maintain active coalitions with UVSS Advocacy Groups and relevant social justice organizations.
- In conjunction with the Collective, coordinate general meetings.
- Demonstrated commitment to feminist frameworks with a strong emphasis on anti-racist practice and respect for various abilities, genders, sexualities and socio-economic realities.
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-oppressive organizing and activism.
- Familiarity with the consensus decision-making model.
- Ability to work independently and within a collective framework.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through.
- Experience preparing budgets and financial reports.
- Experience preparing general ledgers and reconciling bank statements.
- Experience working within a non-profit organization.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and human relations skills.
- Relevant educational experience in financial and office administration an asset.
This is a temporary job filled by a term employee, and is a unionized position with the United Steelworkers. The University of Victoria Students’ Society is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is restricted to women who self identify as women, for example people who are transitioning, identify as gender queer, transsexuals, transgendered, intersexed,and/or those who are pronounced female at birth (see Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Article 12, Subsection 2). All women are encouraged to apply, including but not limited to, women of color, Indigenous women, queer women, and women with disabilities.
The position is 17.5 hours per week and pays $22.70 (plus 5% vacation pay). There is flexibility in terms of specific days worked and this can be arranged based on availability and scheduling with the other coordinator.