Meeting Minutes: 2015 12 11
Attendees: Leat, Kay, Kat, Anna L, Ellen, Smyrna, Daphne
Territory Acknowledgement: Anna L
- Board rep honorarium?
- Conference funding request
3. RUM update
4. CFUV WRC
- Holiday party
- Anna L is proposing $30/meeting honorarium for the board rep. It is a difficult task and very time-consuming (1-4 hours)
-We have a budget for it
-It would incentivize
-It’s a hassle…late at night
-If we do an honorarium, it isn’t policy, it is a “try out”
-What happens if a meeting is missed/leaving early happens?
–Anna is accountable for owning up to that
Motion: the UVSS Women’s Centre rep gets $30 for every full meeting attended. No attendance means no honorarium. A partial meeting should be discussed by the collective. The UVSS Women’s Centre will also advocate for advocacy representatives being paid by the UVSS board in the future.
2. Kat is a sessional instructor in German Studies. She falls through the cracks for funding requirements for her department. She wants to bring a German feminist author who is currently on a book tour and is a big social media personality in Germany. Kat’s interest is to understand why German feminism is big in social media right now. How did her twitter campaign get so popular?
Kat needs approximately $3000. She is currently in the early stages of finding organizations that can give small amounts of money.
-Daphne can draft a proposal for the UVSS board…possibly $1000-$2000…needs an email
Motion: UVSS Women’s Centre will put forward a motion to the board for funding for Kat’s speaker.
3. Red Umbrella March updates:
-Kay will book tables Mon-Wed
Ellen can table on Wed
Daphne can table on Tues
-Digital promo: email the poster around
Motion: extra $1000 to cover various costs: Sound equipment, sound teaching (Smyrna Chuttoo), bands, and other miscellaneous costs.
4. CFUV Women’s Radio Collective
We were supporting them at one point, but since last meeting we are unclear of their principles.
Motion: we withdraw support for the CFUV WRC
5. Motion: the Women’s Centre members do a fun social activity in January amounting to $200. Volunteer appreciation event.