Imagine being marginalized by your sex or gender, race, sexuality, economic status and being in need of shelter, with no access to clean undergarments and sanitary products ( tampons/ pads). Sadly, this is a real problem many people in this predicament face. For most shelters in Canada that serve feminine or female/intersex-specific essentials are in high demand. The UVic Third Space is organizing a Panty Drive to collect donations for the Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre and P.E.E.R.S Victoria. Both organizations provide vital practical services for those who are socially and financially vulnerable. They are seeking much needed donations of:
tampons and pads.
All of these essentials can significantly impact the lives of real people living in these circumstances!
Deadline for donations drop-off is April 16th, 2017. All donations can be brought to the following locations:
– UVic Third Space located in the Student Union Building Room B107
– UVic Clearihue Building B115 Women’s Studies Reading Room
– UVic Students’ Society Centre located in Student Union Building
– UVic Vancouver Island Public Interest Research Group located in the Student Union Building Room B120 & 122
– Caffe Fantastico Specialty Coffees and Sparkle Brite Launderette 965 Kings Rd
We also have a Panty Drive Bake Sale on March 2nd, Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm in SUB hallway.
If you have any questions about the drive, contact the Third Space at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at SUB Room B107.
Third Space Intersectional Feminist Collective